Posts filed under ‘Announcement’
We’re really happy to announce that our new Parabox website has now been launched, and can be visited here!
We wanted a site that was easier to maintain, and to also put all our eggs in one basket. All our press information, links, games, social integration, and our blog can be found on the same website, now. I’ve spent the past week or so putting this one together and am quite proud with the result.
If you were receiving new blog posts from us by email, you will need to RE-SUBSCRIBE from our new location to continue receiving email notifications. To do this, visit our website and enter your email address in the subscribe box! Thank you so much!
As for THIS blog (cavemancraig.wordpress.com), we will keep it in ‘archive’ mode, indefinitely, which means all the content will remain, but no more content (including comments) can be added. For all the latest news and comments, you should now visit http://www.paraboxgames.com!
Thank you all for your support,
The DLC is a whole new conquest level for Caveman Craig 2, featuring new scenery, a new enemy tribe leader, and more!
While it will be free, the release date is in YOUR hands!
To broaden our fanbase and address a larger audience, we need your help to get 500 likes on facebook, 500 followers on twitter, and 250 youtube subscribers!
Once these 3 criteria are met, and we have finished developing it, we will release the DLC – free for anyone who owns Caveman Craig 2!
For all the info, check out our latest Vlog!
Check out our first video blog entry to hear from Tim about the new game that he and I are working on, “Nightbear”!
We have three projects up our sleeve that we hope to announce in the coming weeks and months. This is the first of the three!
In just over 9 hours, Parabox Games, Joe Hubert of Epic Vessel Games, and 4 other developers will be releasing the first “Indie Underdog Pack” bundle, featuring Caveman Craig: SE and 5 other brilliant indie games!
For those who are unfamiliar with bundles such as the Humble Bundle or The Indie Gala, indie bundles are seriously good value and are usually designed to support good causes and celebrate the little men of game design!
IUP is designed to support further development for the developers behind available games. For us, you would be supporting porting CC2 to Mac, iOS, and Android. You’ll also be helping us expose CC2 to the world and begin development on our next projects (Which are yet to be announced!)
For just $5 (that’s the same price as CC:SE on its own!) or more, you get CC:SE and 5 other games! Contribute more to this great cause and you’ll get a number of other benefits.
Even if you already own CC:SE, $5 is still great value for the other games!
WATCH THIS SPACE!
To download a full press release kit, including high-res screenshots, a snippet of the soundtrack, and other resources, CLICK HERE.
If you would like to arrange a review, interview, or would like further information, contact Parabox Games here!
Press Release Document
About the Game
- Hunters, who use rocks and clubs to bring down dinosaurs for food, and follow Craig into battle against other tribes,
- Gatherers, who drag the dinosaurs back to the cave and pick berries from nearby vegetation, and
- Preparers, who process the meat and fruit returned to the cave, allowing the player to buy more cavemen.
Craig (the player) must demonstrate these tasks to new cavemen to teach them.
Caveman Craig 2 features..
- Over 12 dinosaurs, including Velociraptors, Pterodactyls, and the brutal Tyrannosaurus Rex
- 35 “XP Rewards” that help defend and grow your tribe or disable your enemy. The XP Rewards include pet dinosaurs, teachers, catapults, and fully trained cavemen.
- A whole new twist on the original Caveman Craig game – conquer the enemy’s territory to win each level!
- Smart cavemen can eat, sleep, improve their skills (eventually unlocking a special ‘veteran’ bonus), and prioritise their tasks.
- New gametypes, dinosaurs, bonuses, achievements, and playable characters that can be unlocked!
- ‘Classic’ mode, where you must build your tribe up as large as possible while facing harder and more frequent threats – just like the original Caveman Craig!
- A professional, high quality soundtrack by platinum-selling musician Ricky Garcia
Reviews and Feedback
“The first [Caveman Craig] is incredibly awesome in so many ways. [Caveman Craig 2] tops that. Amazing job Rhys and Tim. Everyone should give this game a download!” – Joe Hubert, Epic Vessel Games
“To all who are unsure if this game is worth buying, allow me to remove all your doubts by saying that I have almost played this through, and not once did I feel like I didn’t get my money’s worth. This game is well optimized, lasts long, it’s challenging, and has plenty of replay value. It plays 10 times smoother than [Caveman Craig SE], and has as much more polish. It’s a perfect blend of superior programming and art, all complemented by smooth professional music. WELL worth the $10 you’ll pay.” – Amos Jones, Gamer
“The new graphics are stunning, along with all of the amazing visual effects. The game-play was so much smoother than CC1 and the new features make the game more interesting. It definitely will have a great replay value.” – ‘MicHorvath’, Gamer
About Parabox Games
Parabox Games is a small indie video game company, located in New South Wales, Australia. Although it formed in late 2010, founders Rhys Andrews and Tim Andrews have been designing games, programming, and animating together since years before.
Tim has worked in the animation industry for over 8 years, animating for television and feature productions.
Rhys is a veteran game programmer and game designer of over 7 years, finding success in a number of projects including Conflict: Arcade, Teka Teki (Released for PC, iOS, and Android), and Caveman Craig / Caveman Craig: Special Edition. Until 2007 he founded and managed a team of roughly 6 designers, named “GameCave Productions”. GameCave had a strong online community presence and released a large number of games, developer engines, and tutorials over the years.
After the success of Caveman Craig, Caveman Craig: Special Edition, and Teka Teki, Rhys and Tim decided to form Parabox Games to bring them all under one umbrella. Other contributors to Parabox Games include Greg Vanderbeek (artist) and Ricky Garcia (musician).
One goal of Parabox is to explore all the avenues and genres of indie gaming. We plan to release games for mobile devices (iOS, Android) as well as desktop platforms (Windows, Mac).
Caveman Craig Website: http://www.cavemancraig.com
Parabox Games Website: http://www.paraboxgames.com
Youtube Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJuEvgFBIZo
Parabox Games Twitter Page: http://twitter.com/paraboxgames
Parabox Games Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/paraboxgames
Caveman Craig Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/cavemancraig
Caveman Craig 2 Demo Download: http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/195143-caveman-craig-2-demo
Caveman Craig 1 Download: http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/33621-caveman-craig
Caveman Craig 2 Order Page: https://secure.bmtmicro.com/servlets/Orders.ShoppingCart?CID=4627&PRODUCTID=46270002
Ricky Garcia (Musician) Website: http://www.rickygarcia.com
For all enquiries and feedback, you can contact Rhys Andrews of Parabox Games via http://www.paraboxgames.com/contact.php.
Musician Ricky Garcia can be contacted via his website, www.rickygarcia.com.
Animator Tim Andrews can be contacted via his website, http://www.pacificrock.com.au
Caveman Craig 2 is a unique strategy game featuring Craig, a tribe leader whose goal is to take over the four tribes of “Boggdrop”. To do this, Craig must buy and train hunters, gatherers, and preparers to grow and protect his tribe.
This unique strategy survival game includes..
• Over 12 dinosaurs, including Velociraptors, Pterodactyls, and the brutal Tyrannosaurus Rex
• 35 “XP rewards” that help defend and grow your tribe or disable your enemy. The XP Rewards include pet dinosaurs, teachers, catapults, and fully trained cavemen.
• A whole new twist on the original Caveman Craig game; conquer the enemy’s territory to win each level!
• Smart cavemen that can sleep, eat, improve their skills (eventually unlocking a special ‘veteran bonus’), and prioritise their tasks.
• New gametypes, dinosaurs, bonuses, achievements, and playable characters that can be unlocked!
• ‘Classic’ mode, where you must build your tribe as large as possible while facing harder and more frequent threats – just like the original Caveman Craig!
• A professional, high quality soundtrack by platinum-selling musician Ricky Garcia
Caveman Craig 2 is available on PC for just $9.99.
Buy it now!
A free playable demo is also available here!
You can also check out our epic game trailer!
And now a note to our fans, followers, and anyone who contributed to us or supported us sometime in the past 4 years…
Thankyou!! Your patience, feedback, and support means so much to us. It’s been a long time coming, we know, and we hope you enjoy playing the game as much as we have enjoyed developing it!
Rhys Andrews & Tim Andrews
We are very pleased to have two great things to show you this evening!
Firstly, check out our epic Caveman Craig 2 gameplay trailer! Tim spent a lot of time on this and it has turned out awesome. Make sure to watch it in 720p or 1080p for maximum viewing pleasure!
In the leadup for the CC2 launch, we are also releasing some of the fantastic pieces of music included in the game, composed by Ricky Garcia.
Ricky Garcia is a diverse and professional guitarist & composer, and has played and composed for a number of companies and artists, including Steinberg, LaFee, Jordan Rudess of Dream Theater, and now Parabox Games!
The first track we have for you is “Malus”. Check it out here!